Contract Management Awareness Programme – Samsung C&T
Samsung C&T invited Systech to contribute to its in-house training programme for staff seen as future contract managers on international projects. Our objective was to deliver the grand finale of the 16 week staff programme; a practical overview of claims management and dispute resolution.
We provided Samsung C&T with two presenters, both well-known experts in their field with hands-on project experience.
A timetable for the programme was agreed along with a structure for the content which reflected Samsung C&T’s specific business needs and objectives.
The programme, a combination of tuition and exercises/case studies in short interactive and practical sessions to aid learning, was prepared by the presenters and other specialists in our consultancy team.
The two week programme was held at the Law School of the University of Sungkyunkwan, with which the Samsung Group has a partnership, and was delivered to around 40 attendees. The feedback we received was excellent.
- Basic contract law: NEC3 contract, joint venture agreements
- Society of Construction Law Delay and Disruption Protocol including Rider 1 review
- Programme Management tips
- Claim preparation / best practice
- Cost recovery
- Calculation of prolongation costs
- Understanding differing site conditions
- Fit for purpose and contractor design liabilities
- Managing subcontractor claims
- Adjudication and arbitration
- Concurrent delay
- Global claims
- Construction case law
Region Asia Pacific
Country South Korea
Sector Contract Management Awareness Programme – Samsung C&T