Associate/Commercial DirectorSystech International is a highly successful, privately owned, consultancy business with a 25-year track record in the niche market of construction claims and dispute management. We are currently looking for an Associate/Commercial Director based in our London office. Systech’s headquarters are in London and it employs 500+ staff and consultants through a network of regional and branch offices, worldwide. Systech provides its major main contractor clients with project support consultancy services using a combination of industry knowledge and expertise to achieve project targets. Systech can demonstrate a successful track record of partnering with main contractors on some of the best known global projects ranging across all construction sectors. As an Associate you will provide leadership to claims teams, implementing dispute resolution strategies and procedures alongside major main contractors. You will have a proven ability to lead and mentor a team, implementing new procedures and strategies. You will have a proven history in a senior commercial claims position in the UK. This is a client facing role, you must be able to demonstrate an ability to maintain and enhance client relations. You will hold a relevant degree and will ideally be RICS accredited. You will also demonstrate the following:
- Proven history of claims management
- Experience of working in a senior position.
- Strong commercial management and project experience
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Able to adapt to an ever changing consultancy environment
- Experience of leading teams on major construction projects
- Take responsibility for a projects commercial performance
- Develop commercial strategies and lead on contractual negotiations
- Fully experienced in all aspects of contract administration ensuring that projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Responsibility for Management account preparation and liaison with senior management
- Extensive knowledge of main standard forms of contract including NEC and JCT
- Procurement experience on large value contracts
- Significant experience of claims preparation and dispute avoidance/resolution.
- Be able to assist in Business Development
A Day at Systech
Learn more about our staff, the work they have carried out, the projects they have been involved with and how their careers have developed since joining us
Where we’re working
Our consultants discuss current and recent projects they have worked on and the professional and cultural experiences of working around the world with Systech.