Business Coordinator – AustraliaSystech is the leading international construction contracts consultancy supporting Tier 1 contractors. In addition to our global network we have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. Our team in Australia consists of 40+ consultants, primarily quantity surveyors trained in the UK. We anticipate significant growth in both our Sydney and Melbourne offices. The Role As a result, we require a business co-ordinator to support our Regional Director in managing the Australian business. Based in Sydney, the role will primarily involve coordinating with the various support functions of our global support team including:
- Interfacing with the recruitment team in London to ensure a steady pipeline of interviews and appointments of new staff;
- Linking with our visa experts in Sydney and Dubai
- Overseeing the administration functions in Hong Kong as they carry out new starter inductions, set up IT systems, arrange accommodation and flights, monitor annual leave and sickness records, manage training and other admin duties;
- Ensuring that the accounts functions are verified by and receive the Regional Directors oversight as and when necessary;
- Supporting the Regional Director in business development by setting up meetings, arranging seminars and the like;
- Assist in managing commissions and the consultant team generally;
- Welcoming new starters and addressing any local issues as they settle into Australia;
- Organising social events with clients and the internal Systech team;
- General secretarial and receptionist duties;
- Acting as PA to the Regional Director, eg maintaining diary events, expense accounts and welcoming guests.
- Experience in a PA / EA role to a senior manager
- High standard of professionalism, presentation and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- A Proactive attitude to understand potential issues before they arise
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion
- Working knowledge and experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidate must have existing working rights for Australia.
A Day at Systech
Learn more about our staff, the work they have carried out, the projects they have been involved with and how their careers have developed since joining us
Where we’re working
Our consultants discuss current and recent projects they have worked on and the professional and cultural experiences of working around the world with Systech.