Claims Consultant – UK
About SystechEstablished in 1991, Systech International continues to grow providing responsive, high quality multi-disciplinary services to support the delivery of major construction, infrastructure and energy projects. Our team of over 500 professionals deliver services over the full lifespan of projects – from bid to handover – from our offices across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
RoleWe have several exciting opportunities available for Claims Consultants who are in a position to travel across the UK and have the flexibility to be away from home Monday to Friday. As a Claims Consultant, you will be responsible for providing clients with effective and accurate contractual and claims advice, based on detailed and thorough forensic examination and analysis of project information and data. You will also be required to prepare and write formal quantum and commercial claims reports, working independently and with minimum supervision, to put forward reasoned, logical arguments to support claims events and assist with the presentation and negotiation of successful claims.
- To ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Analysis of facts and evidence including records and notices
- To give clients an honest appraisal of their contractual and commercial position
- Advise clients on claims strategy, making recommendations on how our client’s specific claim objectives can be achieved
- Preparation, negotiation and presentation of quantum, delay and disruption claims
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred)
- A Member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (preferred)
- Ideally possess a legal degree in Construction Law
- Minimum 5-10 years of major infrastructure project experience
- Extensive knowledge of main standard forms of contract including NEC and JCT
- Must be able to demonstrate the necessary experience and expertise in producing delay & disruption claims
- Experience of dispute avoidance and resolution
A Day at Systech
Learn more about our staff, the work they have carried out, the projects they have been involved with and how their careers have developed since joining us
Where we’re working
Our consultants discuss current and recent projects they have worked on and the professional and cultural experiences of working around the world with Systech.