Commercial Manager – UK
About SystechEstablished in 1991, Systech International continues to grow providing responsive, high quality multi-disciplinary services to support the delivery of major construction, infrastructure and energy projects. Our team of over 500 professionals deliver services over the full lifespan of projects – from bid to handover – from our offices across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
RoleWe have several exciting opportunities available for Commercial Managers who are in a position to travel across the UK and have the flexibility to be away from home Monday to Friday. As a Commercial Manager you will provide leadership to the commercial team, establishing commercial processes and procedures alongside major main contractors. You will have a proven ability to lead and mentor a team, implementing new procedures and strategies alongside a history in a senior commercial position with UK main contractor. This is a consultancy role and you must therefore be able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively in a client facing environment.
- To lead teams on major construction projects
- Take responsibility for a project’s commercial performance
- Develop commercial strategies and lead on contractual negotiations
- To ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Responsibility for management account preparation and liaison with senior management
- Extensive knowledge of main standard forms of contract including NEC and JCT
- Procurement experience on large value contracts
- Experience of claims preparation and dispute avoidance/resolution
- Can assist in business development
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred)
- A Member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Presentable and articulate
- Excellent organiser with proven time management skills
A Day at Systech
Learn more about our staff, the work they have carried out, the projects they have been involved with and how their careers have developed since joining us
Where we’re working
Our consultants discuss current and recent projects they have worked on and the professional and cultural experiences of working around the world with Systech.