Experienced Paralegals – International
Established in 1991, Systech International continues to grow providing responsive, high quality multi-disciplinary services to support the delivery of major construction, infrastructure and energy projects. Our team of over 500 professionals deliver services over the full lifespan of projects – from bid to handover – from our offices across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
Currently, Systech is appointed on a number of major international project disputes, which include some of the largest construction disputes in the world.
Have you considered working overseas? Are you seeking a Paralegal position that offers the opportunity of a Training Contract after 12 months of satisfactory performance?
Systech International currently has opportunities for exceptional, talented and experienced Paralegals to be involved in dispute resolution on major infrastructure projects internationally.
Systech International is a leading claims and dispute resolution consultancy and are currently involved in some of the largest and most complex construction and engineering disputes in the world.
- Working on live construction projects, providing support to our teams involved in the preparation and defence of construction claims and major dispute resolution
- Reviewing and appraising risks in contracts on major projects
- Making bespoke amendments to standard contracts
- Helping to prepare sub-contractor agreements
- Drafting correspondence, including counter-claim letters
- Facilitating negotiations in meetings, including translations
- Assisting in the preparation of independent, third party reports
- Researching and preparing bespoke seminar materials for client training purposes (various contract types, claims assessment, dispute resolution methods etc.)
- General Administration support, as required
- 3-5 years post graduate Paralegal experience (preferably in construction and engineering)
- Experience in international arbitration would be an advantage
- Have obtained an SRA qualifying law degree in the UK (2.1 and above)
- Completed or undertaking the LPC
- UK Passport holder
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Language skills are an advantage but not essential (French / Spanish / Japanese/Korean)
- Mobile and flexible
- Will work on an 11:2 rotation (11 weeks working overseas, and 2 weeks on leave back home)
- Want to take up a long-term, international position
Candidates who complete a satisfactory 12 months in London with Systech International in a Paralegal role will be considered for a training contract with Systech Solicitors to become UK qualified.
Please review the day in the life profile of Dai Edwards who started with the business as a Paralegal: Find out more
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a UK or international assignment with a world leading claims consultancy, then please apply by submitting your detailed CV to Lloyd Rayment (Group Head of Recruitment) via: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 940 7656
A Day at Systech
Learn more about our staff, the work they have carried out, the projects they have been involved with and how their careers have developed since joining us
Where we’re working
Our consultants discuss current and recent projects they have worked on and the professional and cultural experiences of working around the world with Systech.