Senior Quantity Surveyor – UK
About SystechEstablished in 1991, Systech International continues to grow providing responsive, high quality multi-disciplinary services to support the delivery of major construction, infrastructure and energy projects. Our team of over 500 professionals deliver services over the full lifespan of projects – from bid to handover – from our offices across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
RoleWe have several exciting opportunities available for Senior Quantity Surveyors who are in a position to travel across the UK and have the flexibility to be away from home Monday to Friday. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the delivery of professional assignments, establishing commercial processes and procedures alongside major main contractors. You will understand procurement, tendering, reporting, and have an ability to manage change. This is a consultancy role and you must therefore be able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively in a client facing environment.
- To take responsibility for the delivery of professional assignments.
- Assist in delivering projects in accordance with the contract
- Preparation of management accounts including project cost and value reporting
- Understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Subcontract procurement and management
- Maintenance of project records
- Change Management including raising and valuing variations /compensation events
- Preparation of applications and valuations
- Awareness of project planning techniques
- A sound working knowledge of various standard forms of contracts including NEC and JCT
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred)
- Working towards being a Member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (preferred)
- Experience working for a tier one main contractor
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Presentable and articulate
- Excellent organiser with proven time management skills
A Day at Systech
Learn more about our staff, the work they have carried out, the projects they have been involved with and how their careers have developed since joining us
Where we’re working
Our consultants discuss current and recent projects they have worked on and the professional and cultural experiences of working around the world with Systech.